FRESH AND CHILLED COLLECTION SERVICE
Stallion AI Services takes the hassle out of the breeding season by collecting and distributing your stallion’s semen for you anywhere in the UK and Europe.
This service is designed for the stallion owner who wishes to ‘walk in’ or ‘stand’ their stallion at the centre for fresh and chilled semen collection and distribution. This service is extremely popular with stallion owners as it offers a much broader opportunity for the distribution of semen across the UK and Europe.
Advantages of using the Centre
- We provide a safe and controlled environment for semen collection with a team of highly trained staff
- Assessment of your stallion’s semen quality in UK’s leading equine semen Laboratory ensures that only the highest quality semen is shipped out
- We are a DEFRA approved quarantine centre and therefore are able to ship your stallion’s chilled semen throughout Europe
- We specialise in sub-fertile stallions
- The on-site freezing unit means that whilst your stallion is in residence you have the opportunity to freeze semen for both UK and Worldwide export
- We continually push the scientific boundaries surrounding the chilling and freezing of equine semen and invest heavily in carrying out research to maintain our position as number one in our field
- We share our site with one of the UKs largest equine AI and Embryo transfer centre’s with over 500 mares passing through each season
Caring for You and Your Stallion
From the moment your stallion arrives our experienced team will endeavour to ensure your stallions’ individual requirements are fully met. Stallion AI Services is the UK’S leading equine semen collection centre and we pride ourselves on the first class facilities and care we can offer you and your stallion.
Our facilities provide your stallion with a spacious stable, each with a live private CCTV camera so you can check your stallion from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day. We know how important it is that your stallion’s normal routine is maintained whilst with us, so all our stallions can be turned out daily in one of our 8 ft. high fenced grass paddocks and their fitness can be maintained on our 54ft diameter horse walker with rubberised floor and walls, perfect for the competing stallion. We continually monitor the condition of our resident stallions, all are weighed twice a week to allow nutritional requirements and exercise regimes to be monitored and amended as necessary.
You as an owner are as important to us as your stallion and we like to maintain regular contact with you whilst your stallion is in residence. We know how essential it is to market your stallion effectively and we offer an excellent promotion package free of charge for all stallions using our centre. Your stallion will receive his own private web page on our website which is looked at by breeders worldwide. Resident and ‘walk in’ stallions appear in our annual stallion brochure which is sent out to over 700 mare owners each year. Furthermore, we advertise regularly in major equine publications and attend the main stallion shows and events to help promote our stallions.
The stallion owner is responsible for the livery fees only.
|Stallion livery per day||Month 3 and over £34.00 per day|
|Month 2 £37.50 per day|
|Month 1 £40.00 per day|
|24 hour CCTV||FREE|
|Gold marketing package||FREE|
The mare owner is responsible for the cost of semen collection and carriage.
|Collection fee for fresh semen||£90.00 per collection|
|Collection fee for chilled/shipped semen||£105.00 per collection|
|Postage and packaging||£32.00|
Same day delivery Service
Private door to door courier £1.25 per mile one way
All prices are subject to VAT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STALLION OWNERS
All stallions arriving at Stallion AI Services MUST complete our pre-entry health check (EVA, EIA, Strangles and CEM) before arriving. This is essential to ensure that the semen is disease free for the protection of all horses visiting the unit.
We advise that mare owners make their own delivery arrangement or use the same day delivery service, when chilled semen is required on a Sunday, Monday and bank holidays.
All semen will be examined under a microscope for motility and density. It will only be despatched if considered to be of good quality. However, no guarantee on the fertility of semen can be given since so many other factors are relevant to a mare becoming pregnant.