- Discipline: Eventing
- Height: 16.3hh
- Stud Fee: £500 No VAT per straw no terms - 3 Straws £1,350 No VAT No Terms
- Breed: Irish Draught X Thoroughbred
- Colour: Black
- Year of Birth: 1984
- Contact: Carolyn Bates
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 0033553013313
- Web: www.grafhamstud.co.uk/jumbo.php
Last few straws available!
“These are the last remaining straws from the legendary stallion, Jumbo”
Jumbo is the leading ‘all time sire’ of competition horses and competing mares in British Eventing (BE). For seven years, from their inception in 2008 to 2014, he was ranked in the top ten of the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses (WBFSH) Eventing Sire Rankings and for six of those was the highest ranked British-bred stallion. Jumbo has 9 graded sons in the UK. He has sired the winners of the World’s leading 4* events, Badminton, Burghley and Lexington as well as the winners of the UK’s leading 3* at Bramham and Blenheim. Over the years he has produced many advanced event horses. Among his best-known progeny are, Mr Chunky, Avebury and Headley Britannia (see Progeny below). Jumbo’s versatility is also evident, siring winning dressage horses, showjumpers and show horses; the mare Vulcanite was the 2016 Working Hunter Champion at Royal Windsor.
Jumbo was an International Advanced Eventer with many wins including the prestigious Young Horse Trophy at Lion D’Angers (France) in 1991, he is the only British bred stallion to have achieved this title. He also won the Dressage and Showjumping Championships at Blenheim. He whipped in with the Bicester Hunt and even did a Christmas pantomime with Carl Hester. As a 5 year old he won the Masterlock Potential Dressage Horse.
– Mr Chunky ridden by Padraig McCarthy – Individual Silver at The World Equestrian Games as well as Team Silver for Ireland in 2018
– Avebury ridden by Andrew Nicholson – Won Burghley on a record three consecutive occasions (2012 -2014)
– Headley Britannia ridden by Lucinda Fredericks – the 15.3hh mare won all 3 Rolex Grand Slam events, Burghley in 2006, Badminton in 2007 and Kentucky in 2009
– Headley Kingdom – 4* eventer and Bramham winner
– Henry Tankerville – 4* eventer, ridden by Andrew Nicholson
– Skylight – Winner of Young Rider European Team Gold (2008)
– Other advanced progeny include; Allercombe Ellie, selected for the British 3-day event team for Rio (sadly withdrawn due to injury), Foxdon Sunny Jim competing Nations Cup (Sam Griffiths), 3* horse Sambo III, Advanced winner Dunbeau, Jollybo competing 3* in the USA and Jumbo’s Jake (3* winner, competing at four-star in the USA)